Monday, April 29, 2013

Windows 7 Versus Windows 8

What’s that old joke? Why does your PC crash? Because it has Windows? Kidding, kidding…KIND OF, but I do have to add that MS Word JUST locked up while starting this post. Hmm…well, despite the instability that your Mac and Linux friends would have you think is inherent to Windows, there have been some popular, and unpopular Windows versions. I mean, I’m still on XP on my PC! My Mom had to get a new computer and lamented the change to Windows 7!

But I don’t think any Windows version has gotten the bad rap that came along with Windows 8…OK, maybe Windows Vista, but that was a learning curve issue. Too much change, man! I’ve always thought Windows 8 was Microsoft’s attempt to start to start easing us into a touch world beyond our phones and tablets, in prep for the Microsoft touch home where everything in our home will be touchy, integrated, and Microsoft.

No comments: