Monday, April 29, 2013

Big Data and the Cloud


We’ve talked about data storage before. My first computer had two 1 GB hard drives. At the time I thought it was more than I’d ever need. Of course, I filled up those hard drives. I was amazed when I got my first 1 GB thumb drive. Now I have several thumb drives, and a couple of them hold 8 GB.

Remember the days when data storage and transfer was an issue? When it used to be a hassle to move and store data? Now we’ve got the Cloud--the virtual storage of data, accessible, anywhere, any time. Tools like Dropbox help us integrate our data and storage solutions across multiple platforms like our PCs, laptops, tablets and even phones. Evernote and Google Docs allow us to access our notes and documents anywhere. I use multiple laptops for work and my PC and I’m constantly moving data back and forth using different tools like Dropbox and my thumb drives.

Courtesy of Dropbox.com

Read More

No comments: