Friday, July 12, 2013

Choosing the Right Video Game Console

I don’t play as many video games as I used to when I was a bachelor, but I think console gaming is ingrained in me. I was a little kid when my dad brought home a console system with pong, and pong variations. From there we upgraded to an Atari 2600. Hours spent playing “Space Invaders,” “Pitfall,” and so many others. Years later I got back into gaming and picked up a Nintendo Entertainment System. I was blown away at the improvement in graphics. More hours on games like “Mario Brothers,” “Metroid,” “Contra,” and so many other Nintendo greats. Eventually I moved on to the Playstation and Playstation 2, and pretty much just played “Madden.”

A lot of gamers prefer console gaming to PC gaming for affordability, convenience, portability, and ease of control.  Sure you’re sacrificing great graphics, upgradeability, mods, choice of games, and Cloud gaming with services like Steam, but if you choose to go the console route, how do you pick the right console to game on?


- See more at: http://www.geeks.com/techtips/community/home.html#sthash.ci6EjhZi.dpuf

No comments: